Monday, January 21, 2019

Today's carry 1/21/19

Today's carry knives,  I know, quite a difference in styles. 

I suppose that in the grand scheme of things,  they both are cut from the same cloth.


 I'm going to be brief.  Lots of work still to be done on this cold day. 

Both knives and people follow a similar path in that we all have unique talents endowed to us.  It is  only in the real world, where put our abilities to the test, that we develop an appreciation for our differences.    I am certainly no elitist when it comes to my knives.  These two knives that I am carrying today are very different in origin,  function,  and form.  They both play an important role in this world.   The old Kabar folder has probably seen more of this world than I, and been through much.  It holds a traditional, almost elegant, mystique that has developed quite a following.   The folding sheffield razor knife is a sort of new breed if you will.  Always sharp (cause you can just swap the blade in an instant).  Built certainly for function over form.  Though quite different,  they both can get the job done.  We may have varied tastes and opinions,  but when it comes right down to it, it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Learn to appreciate the unique differences of this world and apply it to your life.



Until next time:  Be Safe. Be Careful. Behave. Don’t Do Anything Illegal, Immoral, Unethical, Or Just Plain Stupid.  

JEJ

Non nobis Domine

3 comments:

  1. I am wanting to start giving away knifes like you wrote about in a previous post. Any suggestions on new knifes to buy between $ 20-$30?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul, I have found that CRKT and Sog have some quality knives in that price point. Two Alabama knife companies that make a great product are ESEE knives and Bear and Sons. They both have offerings in that range also. I often find really good deals on Smoky Mt. Knife works flash sales. https://www.smkw.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the advice. Maybe another article on this topic would be "The Knives I've Lost." I lost the Swiss army knife my dad gave me. It was a tough blow as I lost it a year after he died. Just not the same to buy an new one just like it.

      Delete

Oh the knives that have been lost through the years...

Since the post about " The kind of men who carry a pocket knife ", I have had a good bit of discussion about the pocket knife in t...